February 1, 2023
Whether you’re brand new to snowboarding, shopping for your child, or a semi-experienced shredder who’s looking for something a little better than what rentals can offer, the process of shopping for your first snowboard can be an exciting and often confusing one. There are so many options today and just as many price ranges, that it can be next to impossible to determine what you actually need when the time comes to buy one. But with a little know-how, you can be assured that you’ve made the best purchase based on your needs.
As one of the country’s leading sellers of high-quality snowboarding equipment, we at Country Ski & Sport are constantly striving to help those with a passion for winter sports get the gear that’s best for their needs, abilities, and budget. Here are some of the most important things to be mindful of when buying a snowboard for the very first time:
- Be realistic about your snowboarding abilities, goals, and long-term plans
- If shopping for a child, consider where they’re at in terms of development
- Avoid buying a high-end snowboard if you’ve never hit the slopes before
- Compare prices to ensure that you’re not paying more than you should be
- When in doubt, talk to an expert for tips on choosing the right snowboard
- Consider a snowboard leasing program to avoid a large initial purchase
Questions about buying your first snowboard? Get it touch with the Country Ski & Sport staff anytime during regular business hours, or reach out via email through our website’s contact page. For those in the Massachusetts area, we invite you to visit any of our three locations for more personalized service.