October 4, 2022
Whether you’re the parent of a child who just told you they want to try skiing, or an adult who’s taken an interest in hitting the slopes for the first time, one of the most important considerations you’ll need to address is ski equipment. Because while it’s certainly not a wallet breaker, skiing is anything but a cheap hobby. Lift tickets can be pricey depending on where you ski, there are travel expenses, and the cost of gear can vary substantially.
At Country Ski and Sport, we understand how much is involved when deciding to purchase ski equipment and apparel for the first time. Here are some of the fundamental questions to ask yourself, regardless of whether it’s for yourself or your child:
- Consider the cost of all skiing equipment that’s needed, not only the skis
- Has your child skied before, or something they just expressed interest in?
- If you’re shopping for a growing child, a lease program is a smart option
- Are you in an area where there are suitable ski hills for kids and beginners?
- Do you already have the appropriate ski apparel needed to stay warm?
- If this is your first time, don’t guess on sizes. Schedule an in-store appointment
Skiing is one of the most exhilarating and enjoyable outdoor winter sports, but it takes a bit of forethought to truly get the most from it. If you’re ready to make it happen but not sure where to begin the process, the experts at Country Ski and Sport are here to help.
Feel free to reach out anytime during our regular business hours, or drop us a line via email through our website’s secured contact page. For those in the Massachusetts area, you can also visit any of our three locations for more personalized service.